Mumbai Indians (MI) explosive opener Ishan Kishan and top-order batsman Suryakumar Yadav shined with the bat within the ongoing contest against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in Abu Dhabi.
Each the batters lit up the Sheikh Zayed Stadium by taking SRH bowlers to the cleaners within the fourteenth season of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021. The carnage began with Ishan’s fantabulous knock as he ended up smashing the quickest fifty of the continued season. He took simply 16 balls to succeed in the half-century, which was the quickest by a Mumbai batter.
In the case of total information, Ishan is fifth within the checklist of quickest half-centuries in IPL historical past. Punjab Kings (PBKS) skipper KL Rahul owns the primary place as a consequence of his 14-ball fifty towards Delhi Capitals (DC) in 2018.
Quickest fifty for Mumbai Indians in IPL:
- 16 – Ishan Kishan vs SRH Abu Dhabi 2021 *
- 17 – Kieron Pollard vs KKR Mumbai 2016
- 17 – Ishan Kishan vs KKR Kolkata 2018
- 17 – Hardik Pandya vs KKR Kolkata 2019
- 17 – Kieron Pollard vs CSK Delhi 2021
Ishan scored 84 runs off simply 32 deliveries with the assistance of 11 fours and 4 sixes. After Ishan’s dismissal, Surya took cost and continued punishing the SRH bowlers throughout the park. The Pune-lad made 82 from 40 balls. He smashed 13 fours and three humungous sixes throughout his absolute monstrous knock.
The highly effective innings by Ishan and Suryakumar impressed Mumbai to succeed in their highest whole within the historical past of the cash-rich league. MI posted 235/9 of their allotted 20 overs.
Highest totals in IPL historical past:
- 263/5 – RCB towards PWS 2013
- 248/3 – RCB towards GL 2016
- 246/5 – CSK towards RR 2010
- 245/6 – KKR towards PBKS (then KXIP) 2018
- 240/5 – CSK towards PBKS 2008
- 235/1 – RCB towards MI 2015
- 235/9 – MI towards SRH 2021 *
Share with a Cricket fan!
Learn Subsequent Article
↓↓ Scroll down ↓↓
For newest cricket information and updates, subscribe to our Daily Newsletter.