The upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is predicted to get larger with the addition of two new groups – Ahmedabad and Lucknow. The Board of Management for Cricket in India (BCCI) will give the 2 franchises a good likelihood to construct their squad within the mega IPL 2022 public sale because the previous eight groups had been allowed to retain a most of 5 gamers.
The Lucknow franchise has already roped in Andy Flower as their head coach and former India opener Gautam Gambhir as their mentor. Flower was working with Punjab Kings (PBKS) as an assistant coach for the final two seasons.In the meantime, Shreyas Iyer – who was Delhi Capitals (DC) skipper within the 2020 version – is predicted to guide the CVC Capital-owned Ahmedabad franchise.
IPL 2022 Retention listing
- Chennai Tremendous Kings (CSK): Ravindra Jadeja (16 cr), MS Dhoni (12 cr), Moeen Ali (8 cr), and Ruturaj Gaikwad (6 cr)
- Delhi Capitals (DC): Rishabh Pant (16 cr), Axar Patel (9 cr), Prithvi Shaw (7.5 cr), and Anrich Nortje (6.5 cr)
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR): Andre Russell (12 cr), Venkatesh Iyer (8 cr), Varun Chakravarthy (8 cr), and Sunil Narine (6 cr)
- Mumbai Indians (MI): Rohit Sharma (16 cr), Jasprit Bumrah (12 cr), Suryakumar Yadav (8 cr), and Kieron Pollard (6 cr)
- Punjab Kings (PBKS): Mayank Agarwal (14 cr) and Arshdeep Singh (4cr)
- Rajasthan Royals (RR): Sanju Samson (14 cr), Jos Buttler (10cr), and Yashasvi Jaiswal (4 cr)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB): Virat Kohli (15 cr), Glenn Maxwell (11 cr), and Mohammed Siraj (7 cr)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): Kane Williamson (14 cr), Umran Malik (4 cr) and Abdul Samad (4 cr)
Purse worth of all groups
The BCCI has elevated the wage purse of all groups from ₹85 crores to ₹90 crores.
- Ahmedabad: ₹90 Crore
- Lucknow: ₹90 Crore
- Punjab Kings: ₹72 Crore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: ₹68 Crore
- Rajasthan Royals: ₹62 Crore
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: ₹57 Crore
- Chennai Tremendous Kings: ₹48 Crore
- Kolkata Knight Riders: ₹48 Crore
- Mumbai Indians: ₹48 Crore
- Delhi Capitals: ₹ 47.5 Crore
Anticipated public sale date and time
IPL 2022 mega public sale will happen within the first week of February – sixth and seventh.
Bangalore and Hyderabad have emerged as the 2 frontrunner cities for the occasion to be held, maintaining a greater screening course of in thoughts. The public sale will begin at 10 am IST on each days.