Kevin Weekes: Listening to the Calgary Flames have Matthew Tkachuk, future first-round decide, a former first-round decide and two different prospects in a bundle for Jack Eichel.
- Lance Lysowski: “Tkachuk is an RFA this summer time and his QO shall be $9 million, based on @CapFriendly“
- Lance Lysowski: “And for these asking, sure, I nonetheless make that deal. Tkachuk can be a fan favourite in Buffalo. The form of participant the Sabres want and has a historical past with Granato. Worst case state of affairs, you commerce him if an extension can’t be accomplished.”
- Mike Johnson: “Value contemplating, if Tkachuk is huge prize coming to Buffalo, he has yet one more yr as RFA then UFA in summer time of ’23. So if you happen to’re BUF, you’d wish to have extension labored out, or be ready to commerce him once more as a result of you may let him stroll for nothing, which provides Tkachuk leverage”
- Mike Johnson: “Which might clarify why CAL would come with him, figuring out he’ll want a large contract or can stroll shortly, and we’ve already seen how efficient Tkachuk’s might be negotiating with leverage.”
- Curtis Pashelka: “The Flames can be nuts, IMO, to surrender Tkachuk, plus previous and current first-rounders, plus one or two different prospects, for Eichel (despite the fact that Tkachuk’s QO shall be $9 million).”
- Mike Harrington: “#Sabres ought to run, not stroll, to any provide that features Matthew Tkachuk as the focus of an Eichel deal. Not to mention with no matter else they might get.”
John Vogl: Heard that the Buffalo Sabres are feeling some further strain, that’s not associated to any grievance submitting, to get at commerce achieved.