Kevin Weekes: Listening to the Calgary Flames have Matthew Tkachuk, future first-round decide, a former first-round decide and two different prospects in a package deal for Jack Eichel.
- Greg Wyshynski: “RW Matthew Coronato, C Connor Zary, LW Jakob Pelletier, D Juuso Valimaki are all “former 1st spherical picks.” Then once more, so are Sean Monahan and Mikael Backlund…”
- Lance Lysowski: “Tkachuk is an RFA this summer season and his QO can be $9 million, in response to @CapFriendly“
- Lance Lysowski: “And for these asking, sure, I nonetheless make that deal. Tkachuk can be a fan favourite in Buffalo. The form of participant the Sabres want and has a historical past with Granato. Worst case situation, you commerce him if an extension can’t be accomplished.”
- Mike Johnson: “Value contemplating, if Tkachuk is huge prize coming to Buffalo, he has another yr as RFA then UFA in summer season of ’23. So for those who’re BUF, you’d wish to have extension labored out, or be ready to commerce him once more as a result of you possibly can let him stroll for nothing, which provides Tkachuk leverage”
- Mike Johnson: “Which might clarify why CAL would come with him, figuring out he’ll want a large contract or can stroll shortly, and we’ve already seen how efficient Tkachuk’s might be negotiating with leverage.”
- Curtis Pashelka: “The Flames can be nuts, IMO, to surrender Tkachuk, plus previous and current first-rounders, plus one or two different prospects, for Eichel (although Tkachuk’s QO can be $9 million).”
- Mike Harrington: “#Sabres ought to run, not stroll, to any provide that features Matthew Tkachuk as the point of interest of an Eichel deal. Not to mention with no matter else they’d get.”
John Vogl: Heard that the Buffalo Sabres are feeling some additional strain, that isn’t associated to any grievance submitting, to get at commerce carried out.
(Eichel’s underlyings are a bit unusual due to his injury-shortened 2020-21 season the place his offensive influence dipped and his defensive influence went into overdrive.)
— JFresh (@JFreshHockey) November 3, 2021